Grannies Links - Self Catering Accommodation
Located 9 miles from St Andrews this delightful detached self-catering accommodation boasts stunning panoramic views over Anstruther golf course, to the May Island, Bass Rock and over the Firth of Forth to Edinburgh and the East Lothian coast line.
Our Self Catering Accommodation
Our luxury self catering accommodation sleeps 8 comfortably with 4 bedrooms, 2 good sized bathrooms, a large family lounge/dining/kitchen area and a cosy sun room ideal to watch the sun set with a glass of wine after a busy day.
The ground floor comprises a twin bedroom, a second bedroom with a single bed that converts to twin or queen size, a large bathroom with shower and free standing bath and the open plan living space with sitting room, dining area and kitchen leading into the sunroom.
On the first floor there are two further bedrooms, one double, one twin and another very large bathroom with shower.
Outside there is a small patio with garden seating, a barbeque and a large lawn backing onto the golf course. Ideal for practising your putting or for the kids to run around safely in.
Things to do near the house
There is a lovely Yellow Flag sandy beach within a 5 minute walk,making the property ideal for families.
The Fife Coastal Path is only a 5 minute walk away and the idyllic fishing village of Pittenweem 10 to 15 minutes by foot.
Anstruther harbour, at one time a thriving port for the Herring Fleet, is now a yachting Marina and you can watch pleasure boats come and go, or book a trip to the May Island where Puffins can be seen in abundance in May/June.
A visit to the award winning Fisheries museum portrays the way of life of the area in the last 100 years and is a must.
Nearby ,Scotland's Secret Bunker is another interesting trip.
For the Golfer
Our holiday accommodation is a delight for golfers, with the back garden gate opening on to the 2nd tee of Anstruther golf course, which has ownership of Britain's hardest par 3 as voted by Todays golfer in 2007! St Andrews, "The Home of Golf" is a 15 minute drive away. It is a fascinating and beautiful old town with Scotland's oldest university, 7 stunning golf courses, one of which is the famous Old Course at St Andrews, hosting the Open once every 5 years.
Nearby there are also excellent courses at Elie, Lundin Links and two superb courses at Crail as well as the championship course at Kingsbarns.
You will be in heaven playing all these excellent courses nearby, but what could be better than opening the garden gate to enjoy a 9 hole round of golf on the Anstruther course at a very reasonable rate.
while our self catering accommodation provides the perfect setting to enjoy a meal, there are some excellent establishments nearby for that extra special evening.
The Rockies restaurant in the clubhouse at Anstruther is a great way to finish off your round for the day before returning back to the cottage via the course but there is an abundance of eating places and pubs in the area; The Cellar in Anstruther, The Seafood Resturant in St Monans and Sangsters in Ellie which has just received a Michelin star (!) to name just three.
If you're looking for something more casual the Anstruther Fish Bar has been named UK winner of Seafish Fish & Chip Shop of the Year 2008/09!!
- sleeps 8
- 4 bedrooms, (x2 twin, x1 double, x1 with a single bed that converts to twin or queen size)
- 2 good sized bathrooms (x2 showers, x1 bath - downstairs)
- large family lounge/dining/kitchen area
- cosy sun room
- Outside small patio
- garden seating
- large lawn for practising your putting or for the kids to run around safely in.
- Looking for a B&B? Visit our other poperty Grannies Harbour just down the road in St Monans for further Info.
- Yellow Flag sandy beach within a 5 minute walk
- Fife Coastal Path only a 5 minute walk
- Pittenweem 10 to 15 minutes by foot
- Anstruther harbour
- Trips to the May Island where Puffins can be seen in May/June.
- Award winning Fisheries museum
- Scotland's Secret Bunker
- St Andrews 15 minute drive away
- Scotland's oldest university
- St Andrews golf links
- Excellent golf courses at Elie, Lundin Links and two superb courses at Crail as well as the championship course at Kingsbarns.
- 9 hole golf on the Anstruther course
- Pittenweem Arts Festival
- Rockies restaurant
- The Cellar in Anstruther,
- The Seafood Resturant in St Monans
- Sangsters in Ellie
- Anstruther Fish Bar, UK winner of Seafish Fish & Chip Shop of the Year 2008/09